Happy July 4th!!!!!
On this glorious day we celebrated American independence, but also had to chat about all of the flap that has arisen around flying the Confederate flag. Some in South Carolina wondered should they take it down, if they had enough votes to get it down or were Black folks just being too darn sensitive. You know it’s not every day you get to see a symbol of terrorism flying above a state capital. Then along came a hero. Bree Newsome, had enough of the in-fighting, so she ripped that flag from its pole and threw it on the ground! How American! The BBR core of The C.O., Masta Talka, and Angry Engineer lit fireworks in celebration of the mighty Bree and giggled at all of the Donald’s lost sponsorship, P. Poppa Diddy Pop’s clumsy azz and that Ignant Black Tea Partier, who just needs some friends. Of course Nice & Smooth, Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Raekwon the Chef, Redman, the Four Owls and our man E.X. and so many others joined in to munch on some bar-b-que and eat potato salad. Pssst, to our little Tea Party Tomette – slavery wasn’t a choice. SMH. Happy 4th of July – It’s Boom Bap Radio!
Da Play List
- Blazing Hot – Nice & Smooth – 1997 – IV Blazing Hot
- Summertime – Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince – 1991
- Glaciers of Ice – Raekwon – 1995 – Only Built 4 Cuban Lynx
- Mas Que Nada – Black Eyed Peas – 2003 – Timeless
- One Life – E.X. – 2015
- Pump the Brakes – Diamond D feat. Rapsody… – 2015
- Think Twice – Four Owls – 2015
- God It – De La Soul feat. NaS – 2015
- Problems of the World Today – Fearless Four – 1985
- Flashing Lights – Kanye – 2007 – Graduation
- Lose Control – Missy – 2005 – The Cook Book
- Very Special – Big Daddy Kane – 1991 – Looks Like a Job For
- Let Da Monkey Out – Redman – 2000 – Doc’s Da Name
- D.I.D.D.Y. – Pharell and Diddy – 2001 – The Saga Cont.
- Hey Papi – Jay-Z, feat Meph Bleek – 2000 – Nutty Prof. II
- The Ultimate – Artifacts – 1997 – That’s Them
- America – Kurtis Blow – 1985 – America